2016 BMW R NINE T
2016 BMW R nineT (1)
BMW R nineT. Pure Riding.
Motorcycling has always been a passionate lifestyle. For the past 90 years BMW Motorrad has been ensuring that this remains the same in the future, too. For those who like it pure and original, BMW Motorrad has now developed the perfect machine: the BMW R nineT. A motorcycle featuring purist design and numerous ways of customizing it.
BMW R nineT: Pure Authenticity.
Riding a motorcycle and feeling free. The BMW R nineT combines this feeling with a casually cool look which, in spite of all the details, is unmistakably a member of the BMW family. Further criteria such as ride feel, design and sound lay the foundation for an independent, authentic lifestyle.
BMW R nineT: Pure Customizing
The BMW R nineT is powered by an air/oil-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke flat twin engine. The instruments consisting of speedometer and tachometer harken back to historical times and emphasize the essential and minimalist visual appeal of the motorcycle. The BMW R nineT is equipped with an upside down fork at the front and with the BMW Motorrad Paralever at the rear. However, the nineT does not only stand out due to its pure design. The nineT offers great options for individualization. No customizing wish is left unfilled. For example there is the removable rear frame, enough space for 6 inch rims and many other options. Even though the BMW R nineT offers so many modification opportunities it remains a real BMW motorcycle from a technical point of view. Standard-fitted ABS ensures highest-degree safety for the nineT, too.
BMW R nineT. Pure Lifestyle.
Pure passion, pure design, pure riding pleasure. This is what makes the BMW R nineT so essential for the classic enthusiast. Modify, ride, have fun. The nineT leaves nothing to be desired with regard to customization. Design your motorcycle, design your life. One name, one purist lifestyle:
BMW R nineT.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 ccm
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,550 rpm
- Max. torque: 88 lb-ft (119 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 52 mpg at a constant 56 mph (4.5 l)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 600 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Four-section frame consisting of one front and three rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removable pillion frame for single ride use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-Down telescopic fork with 46 mm diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.1 in. (1,476 mm)
- Castor: 4.04 in. (102.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.5 deg.
- Wheels: Spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 87.4 in. (2,220 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.0 in. (890 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 59.8 in. (1,265 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 30.9 in. Standard
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 69.3 in. Standard
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lb. (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 459 lb. (208 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.8 gal. (18 L)
- Reserve: approx. 0.8 gal.
- Engine Type
- Flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- 1,170 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Front Suspension
- Upside-Down telescopic fork with 46 mm diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.1 in. (1,476 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 4.04 in. (102.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal. (18 L)
- 52 mpg at a constant 56 mph (4.5 l)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive