2017 BMW K1600GT MARS RED
Wanderlust on two wheels.
Being on the move, gaining impressions, experiencing a great deal, relaxed and yet dynamic riding pleasure: this is what the world looks like from the saddle of the new K1600GT. Because it offers you even more dynamics and even more touring comfort: its 6-cylinder in-line engine is already considered an icon with its power delivery and running smoothness. Added to this are the absolute long-distance suitability with wind and weather protection and equipment which makes you want to mount the machine right away. With the K1600GT, you not only see a great deal, you yourself are also a great sight to behold. Indeed, you leave quite an impression regardless of whether you are at a standstill or on the move.
Dynamics for the eye as well: the design.
Dynamics and comfort, these characteristics of the K1600GT are also reflected in the design: The Duolever front suspension, the xenon headlight with Adaptive Headlights, the powerful 6-cylinder engine and the frame make the high-quality overall image really stand out.
The front and side view are athletically and sharply depicted and ensure a sporty, streamlined appearance. The 6-in-2 muffler reflects the potential of the 6-cylinder engine both visually and acoustically. The remarkable appearance of the K1600GT is supported by the high-quality paint finish: from exclusively discreet to sportily dynamic. You decide what suits you.
First-class six-pack: the technology.
Technically at the highest level, the equipment fitted as standard on the K1600GT leaves nothing more to wish for: ABS Pro, which ensures safe braking even when leaning, the innovative xenon headlight and the multi-controller are just a few of the extras fitted. New to standard production: the dynamic ESA. The chassis recognises and controls the damping action and the angular rate sensor and control units in milliseconds. In doing so, it ensures the best damper settings in every driving situation. Even when leaning, a damping comfort which was not imaginable until now and a resulting constantly stable riding behaviour is achieved.
Legendary: the six-cylinder in-line engine. It makes every ride into pure enjoyment: with its unmatched running smoothness and power delivery, it reliably ensures the desired dynamics. Its 118 kW/160 hp and maximum torque of 175 Nm develop an incomparable and effortless thrust. In doing so, the smallest movement of the hand gives the K1600GT a good dose of controllability on tours: responding behaviour and handling from a thoroughbred.
Do you want some more? The optional equipment.
The numerous special accessories such as adaptive headlight, keyless ride or central locking at the touch of a button ensure even more comfort, safety and in turn a relaxed ride. Thanks to the reverse assistant, manoeuvring and getting out of parking spaces is effortless even on steep terrain. The shift assistant Pro ensures even more comfortable and dynamic up- and down-shifting. With the optional topcase, tank bag and touring cases to complement the generous standard stowage, there are several storing possibilities for everything you want to take with you. Regardless of whether it be on a long journey, a short trip or your daily route through town.
The K1600GT keeps its promise when it comes to its sporty appearance and high-quality equipment: this is where dynamics and comfort complement each other to ensure pure riding pleasure.
- Type: Oil-/watercooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 580 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath
- Gearbox: 6-speed, helical, gearbox
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminium, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 / 5.3 in. (125mm / 135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 1,618 mm
- Castor: 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- ABS: Series: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Length: 91.5 in. (2,324 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 56.7 in. (1,440 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.9 in. / 32.7 in. (810 / 830 mm) (low seat*: 800/780 mm) OE
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 72.0 in. / 73.6 in. (1,830 / 1,870 mm) (low seat: 1,775/1,810 mm) *OE
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 334 kg
- Permitted total weight: 1191 lb. (540 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 206 kg
- Usable tank volume: 26.5 L
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4.0 l)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- 6-speed, helical, gearbox
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 1,618 mm
- Seat Height
- 31.9/32.7 in. (810/830 mm)
- 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 26.5 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 334 kg
- Mars Red Metallic, Black Storm Metallic