2017 BMW RNINET ALUM TANK WELD
Stock Image: Alu Tank with Seam
BMW R nineT. Pure Riding.
Motorcycling has always been a passionate pastime. For the past 90 years BMW Motorrad has been ensuring that this remains the same in the future, too. For those who like it pure and original, BMW Motorrad has now developed the perfect machine: the BMW R nineT. A motorcycle featuring purist design and numerous ways of customising it.
BMW R nineT: Pure Authenticity.
Riding a motorcycle and feeling free. The BMW R nineT combines this feeling with a casually cool look which, in spite of all the details, is unmistakably a member of the BMW family. Further criteria such as ride feel, design and sound lay the foundation for an independent, authentic lifestyle.
BMW R nineT: Pure Customising
The BMW R nineT is powered by an air/oil-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke flat twin engine. The instruments consisting of speedometer and rev counter hark back to historical times and emphasise the reduce-to-the max and light-touch visual appeal of the motorbike. A multifunction display is also integrated and provides the rider with useful information. The BMW R nineT is equipped with an upside down fork at the front and with the BMW Motorrad Paralever at the rear. However, the nineT does not only stand out due to its reductive design. The nineT offers great options for individualisation. No customizing wish is left unfilled. For example there is the removable rear frame, enough space for 6 inch rims and many other options. Even though the BMW R nineT offers so many modification opportunities it remains a real BMW motorcycle from a technical point of view. Standard-fitted ABS ensures highest-degree safety for the nineT, too.
BMW R nineT. Pure Lifestyle.
Pure passion, pure design, pure riding pleasure. This is what makes the BMW R nineT so essential for the classic enthusiast. Modify, ride, have fun. The nineT leaves nothing to be desired with regard to variability. Design your motorcycle, design your life. One name, one purist lifestyle: BMW R nineT.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 ccm
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,550 rpm
- Max. torque: 88 lb-ft (119 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Unleaded fuel, octane number 95-98 RON (rated output at 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 600 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Four-section frame consisting of one front and three rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removable pillion frame for single ride use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-Down telescopic fork with 46 mm diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.1 in. (1,476 mm)
- Castor: 4.04 in. (102.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.5 deg.
- Wheels: Spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 87.4 in. (2,220 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.0 in. (890 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 59.8 in. (1,265 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 30.9 in. (785mm) Standard; Custom front-seat 30.5 in. (775 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 69.3 in. (1,760 mm) Standard; Custom front-seat 69.1 in. (1,755 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lb. (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 459 lb. (208 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.8 gal. (18 L)
- Reserve: approx. 0.8 gal. (3 L)
- Engine Type
- Flat twin ('Boxer') 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- 1,170 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Upside-Down telescopic fork with 46 mm diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, four-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.1 in. (1,476 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in. (785mm)
- 4.04 in. (102.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal. (18 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Black Storm Metallic, Alu Tank With Seam, Alu Tank Without Seam, Black Storm Metallic/Vintage, Blue Planet Metallic/Aluminum