2018 BMW RNINET PURE
The BMW R nine T Pure.
Pure. Reduced. Air-cooled.
The BMW R nineT Pure is perfect for everyone who loves the classic roadster design and is looking for a pure motorcycle experience. It is reminiscent of the 1970's and 80's era. But its roots go deeper. Even the very first motorcycle from BMW was simple, reduced and dynamic. Back then, in 1923, the BMW opposed-twin engine was already the heart of the entire concept. At the same time, the new R nineT Pure offers you many options to customize your motorcycle. You can realize your dreams: for your bike and your lifestyle. You will feel its origin, whether you're customizing it, or enjoying the thrill of opening the throttle.
Reduced to the essentials.
The design of the R nineT Pure is reminiscent of a typical roadster. The circular headlamp with a chrome ring, varnished housing and the new circular tachometer influence the look of the front. The proportions are determined by the three-part bridge frame together with the new classic looking telefork. The supporting element: the opposed-twin engine, just waiting to roar. The steel tank and the typically narrow rear complete a silhouette that is both stylish and elegant: for an agile and self-confident appearance - and all carried by the striking 5 spoke cast wheels. However, the maximally stripped down design has nothing to do with faddish nostalgia. Rather the R nineT Pure allows you to customize the bike to the full: equip it, modify it, design it – your bike, your style.
The basis for the bike: a proven concept and, of course, the customary BMW Motorrad quality.
Proven opposed-twin engine for a completely individual ride.
The engine and the electrical system of the R nineT Pure already excited motorcycle fans in the R nineT. The air/oil cooled two cylinder opposed-twin engine with its 110 hp (81 kW) promises a lush, vital riding experience and keeps its promise – typical of a twin engine. The 2-in-1 exhaust system with a typical roadster-look emphasizes this style consciousness with a full, powerful sound. Thanks to standard ABS and optional ASC you can take this power safely to the streets.
Stylish and self-confident.
The R nineT Pure allows you to realize your dream of a custom motorcycle. Completely according to your ideas. Create your bike – in your style. Thanks to the comparatively low seat height, the motorcycle is suitable for many different body sizes. Additionally, you can lower your R nineT Pure further with the low-slung factory option. Deep, narrow and firmly padded, you'll ride in the best roadster manner – self-confident, unequivocal, and unmistakable.
Made for your ideas.
You are what you ride. The R nineT Pure is a mirror of your personal taste and your creativity. The pillion frame on the machine’s rear can be removed, for example, just as with the R nineT. In case you want to draw all attention completely to you. Original BMW Motorrad accessories and BMW Motorrad optional accessories allow you to further customize your bike. You can replace the steel tank with an aluminum one, with or without a visible milled welding seam. Or you can choose top-quality spoked wheels instead of cast alloy wheels - for a classic and stylish silhouette. And also with specially made add-on parts, such as the new Machined parts, the R nineT Pure gives you free choice.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 86 lb-ft 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Controlled 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 720 W
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame consisting of one front and two rear sections, load-bearing engine- gearbox unit, removable pillion frame for single ride use
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload fully adjustable by hand wheel, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 4.7 in. (125 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.8 in. (1,493 mm)
- Castor: 118.1 mm
- Steering head angle: 63°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 82.9 in. (2,105 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.4 in. (900 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.8 in. (1,330 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 in. (820 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 68.9 in. (1,830 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 483 lb. (214 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lb. (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 465 lb. (211 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (3.5 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload fully adjustable by hand wheel, adjustable rebound-stage damping
- Front Brakes
- Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.8 in. (1,493 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in. (820 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 483 lb. (214 kg)
- Catalano Grey