2018 Ducati Diavel - Carbon
Sale: Save $1,395.00 now until 2/1/2019
Maranello Moto Sport
Diavel - Carbon
The world belongs to the bold
Diavel combines athletic manoeuvrability with extraordinary riding comfort. Bursting with attitude, it’s just asking to be ridden.
- A statement of personality: The Diavel project was born when Ducati designers applied their wish-list of a bike's "basic instincts" to a blank canvas. With a "what if?" approach to creating a dream bike, they sketched inspiring forms which became a low, long, sleek and aggressive motorcycle that was born to dominate the boulevard.
- Design Diavel: The muscular design of the Diavel is enriched with details that confirm its uniqueness and emphasise its lines. The finish to the exhaust system and the exclusive wheels of the Carbon version enhance its bold sobriety.
- Statement of power: The Testastretta 11° DS is a real assertion of power and fluidity. Its 152 hp and 123 Nm guarantee breathtaking acceleration and pickup.
- No compromise: The redesigned, more comfortable seat offers more room and has a low height of 770 mm, which allows for extended hours of riding pleasure and makes the Diavel accessible to a wide range of riders
- 30.000 km Desmo Service: In designing each bike, Ducati constantly strives to ensure maximum reliability while reducing service costs. A commitment that has seen the intervals for the main Desmo Service, in which valve clearance is checked and adjusted if necessary, to be extended to 30,000 km for the Diavel.
- Diavel Carbon: With the Carbon version, high quality lightweight components underline the distinctive style and sporty soul of the Diavel, further accentuated in the case of the exclusive livery. Bold becomes the hallmark of the Diavel thanks to its Dark Chrome coloured frame, the finish to the exhaust system with Zircotec-coated pipes and brushed steel silencer covers. Its personality is further enhanced by the forged and machined Marchesini wheels and the seat.
- Engine: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,198.4 cc
- Bore for Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm (4.17 x 2.67 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 112 kW (152 hp) @ 9,000 rpm
- Torque: 123 Nm (91 lb-ft) @ 8,000 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies, fully ride-by-wire controlled
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with aluminium tips; catalyzer and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=27/20, 4=24/22, 5=23/24, 6=22/25
- Final Drive: Chain drive; 15 tooth front sprocket; 43 tooth rear sprocket
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front Suspension: Fully adjustable 50 mm usd fork with DLC-treatment
- Front Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined 10-spoke 3.50 x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable rear shock with progressive linkage. Remote spring preload adjustment. Single-sided aluminium swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Marchesini forged and machined 10-spoke 8.00 x 17
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 240/45 ZR17
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 120 mm (4.7 in.) / 120 mm (4.7 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially attached Brembo Monobloc 4-piston callipers with ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brake: 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Handlebar mounted instrumentation with LCD display: speed, rpm, time, coolant temp. Warning lights for: Neutral, turn signals, high-beam, rev-limit, DTC intervention, ABS status, oil pressure, fuel reserve. Tank mounted instrumentation with TFT colour display: gear selected, air temp, battery voltage, trips 1 & 2, fuel reserve trip, average and actual fuel consumption and speed, trip time, scheduled maintenance. Full status and/or management of Riding Modes, DTC, RbW and ABS.
Dimensions and Weights
- Kerb Weight (KERB): 234 kg (516 lb.)
- Seat Height: 770 mm (30.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,580 mm (62.6 in.)
- Rake: 28 deg.
- Front Wheel Trail: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Number of Seat: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: ABS, Ducati Traction control (DTC), Riding Modes
- Standard Equipment: Power Modes, RbW, Hands-Free, full-LED headlight, front turnsignals with guidelights.
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- Valve Clearance Adjustment (Desmoservice): 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
Emissions and Consumption
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 133 g/km
- Consumption: 5.7 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11 deg., L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 1,198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.17 x 2.67 in. (106 x 67.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies, fully ride-by-wire controlled
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain drive; 15 tooth front sprocket; 43 tooth rear sprocket
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable 50 mm usd fork with DLC-treatment
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable rear shock with progressive linkage. Remote spring preload adjustment. Single-sided aluminium swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially attached Brembo Monobloc 4-piston callipers with ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 240/45 ZR17
- 62.6 in. (1,580 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.3 in. (770 mm)
- 28 deg.
- 5.1 in. (130 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 516 lb. (234 kg)
- Asphalt Grey