2018 Ducati Monster - 797+ DARK
Fresh vibes. Sporty soul.
The Monster 797 is the entrance to the Ducati world and its values, style, sophistication and performance. It is a Monster, sporty and essential, and it's easy to ride, never intimidating: it is all you need to have undemanding fun.
- Sporty and compact: The design of the Monster 797, elegant and muscular, perfectly integrates the wide handlebar, tank, trellis frame, engine and double-sided swingarm. An agile and dynamic line that transmits sportiness and instils confidence right from first glance: a compact, sports design that is unmistakeably Monster.
- An enjoyable, gutsy engine: The Desmodue twin, with 73 hp and 6,8 kgm of torque, ensures riding enjoyment in maximum safety. The constant, fluid torque curve immediately instils confidence without creating any difficulty. Carefree fun is guaranteed! The Monster 797 is also available for those with a restricted licence, as a version with 35 kW of regulated power.
- Versatile on any terrain: The Monster 797 chassis is designed to ensure maximum ease of riding. Compact dimensions, a low and narrow seat, a wide handlebar and reduced weight make it agile in city traffic and sporty on out-of-town roads.
- Turn up the fun: The Monster 797 boasts a modern and complete range of equipment. The large LCD hi-vis screen of the dashboard provides all the information needed for riding, while LED technology enhances thepositioning light of the front headlight, rear light and licence plate light.
- Engine: L-Twin cylinder, 2 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, air cooled
- Displacement: 803 cc
- Bore for Stroke: 88 x 66 mm (3.46 x 2.60 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Power: 54 kW (73 hp) @ 8.250 rpm
- Torque: 67 Nm (49 lb-ft) @ 5,750 rpm
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection system, 50 mm throttle bodies
- Exhaust: 2-1 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, single stainless steel muffler with aluminium cover
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
- Final Drive: Chain; Front sprocket Z15; Rear sprocket Z46
- Clutch: APTC wet multiplate clutch with mechanical control
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front Suspension: 43 mm Kayaba USD fork
- Front Wheel: 10-spoke light alloy, 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Sachs monoshock, pre-load and rebound adjustable
- Rear Wheel: 10-spoke light alloy, 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 180/55 ZR17
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 130 mm (5.12 in.) - 150 mm (5.91 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M4.32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 1-piston calliper with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: LCD
- Dry Weight: 175 kg (386 lb.)
- Kerb Weight (KERB): 193 kg (425 lb.)
- Seat Height: 805 mm (31.69 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,435 mm (56.50 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg.
- Front Wheel Trail: 90 mm (3.54 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 L - 4.36 gal. (US)
- Number of Seat: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: Bosch ABS
- Standard Equipment: LED position light and tail light, USB power socket, Passenger seat cover and windshield (Monster 797+)
- Warranty (Months): 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance (Km/Months): 12,000 km (7,500 mi) / 12 months
- Valve Clean Adjustment (Desmoservice): 12,000 km (7,500 mi)
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 119 g/km
- Consumption: 5.3 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- L-Twin cylinder, 2 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 803 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.46 x 2.60 in. (88 x 66 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system, 50 mm throttle bodies
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket Z15; Rear sprocket Z46
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm Kayaba USD fork
- Rear Suspension
- Sachs monoshock, pre-load and rebound adjustable
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M4.32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 1-piston calliper with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 180/55 ZR17
- 56.50 in. (1,435 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.69 in. (805 mm)
- 24 deg.
- 3.54 in. (90 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.36 gal. US (16.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 386 lb. (175 kg)