2018 Ducati Panigale - V4 Speciale
A New Opera
It is called Panigale V4 and it marks a new and important chapter in Ducati's history, a "symphony" of performance and emotions that's 100% Italian. Panigale V4 is the first mass-produced Ducati motorcycle to be equipped with a 4-cylinder engine, closely derived from the Desmosedici of the MotoGP.
- V4 revolution: The Panigale V4 replaces the iconic 1299 at the top of the Ducati supersport range, doing so by enhancing performance and ridability so that riders of all skill levels can enjoy boundless fun and excitement. The Panigale V4 has been developed in close collaboration with Ducati Corse, drawing directly on know-how and technology from the racing world to provide a road bike that is the closest thing possible to its MotoGP counterpart.
- A new paradigm: The new Panigale V4 is the essence of sport motorcycling in its most exhilarating and pure form: redefined design, new engine, state-of-the-art chassis and innovative electronics. A concentrated blend of Ducati technology, style and performance
- The character has taken shape: Elegant, muscular, technological. This is the essence of the style of the new Panigale V4. The Ducati Style Centre gave shape to the character of the bike and its performance following what for Ducati are the canons of Italian sports elegance: large and soft surfaces interrupted by few bold marks. Component integration, the idea of power and functionality have become dominant elements of the style and of the whole project.
- V4 di 90°: the racing soul: The new Desmosedici Stradale engine has been designed based on the experience gained in MotoGP. The typical approach used in competitions is found in the extraordinary power and torque values: the 90° V4 with a displacement of 1,103 cm³, the counter-rotating crankshaft and the 4 valves per cylinder with desmodromic distribution that reaches 214 hp (157.5 kW ) of maximum power at 13,000 rpm and 122 Nm (12.44 kgm) of maximum torque at 10,000 rpm.
- Last generation electronics: The performance of the Desmosedici Stradale must always be easily manageable to achieve maximum racing results, optimising the energies and concentration of the rider. The new Panigale V4's control electronics use the six-axis inertial platform data (6D IMU) that make it possible to capture and record extensive amounts of information.
- Safety: The new Panigale V4 sets new absolute performance benchmarks and raises vehicle safety and dynamics control standards with a state-of-the-art electronics package that maximises the potential offered by Bosch's six-axis inertial platform. Other original controls have also been introduced, like controlled slides during braking, ABS Cornering that acts only on the front brake with a setup that was designed specifically for track riding, and Quickshift Up & Down with a strategy that takes into account the lean angle.
- Sinfonia Italiana: The new Panigale V4 Speciale completes the range and takes the concept of Italian sports bikes to an extreme. An exclusive and dedicated livery; Ducati Performance titanium racing exhaust by Akrapovic for 226 hp of power; components in carbon and aluminium worked from the solid. The new Panigale V4 Speciale is produced in a limited and numbered series of 1,500 motorcycles. Details that make the difference, unique and distinguished thanks to the three-colour livery and many dedicated technical elements, like the billet steering plate with screen-printed logo and progressive number, or the seat covered with precious Ultrasuede.
- Panigale V4 Special: The new Panigale V4 Speciale is produced in a limited series of 1500 units with steering head worked from the solid, an identification number and a dedicated livery, Alcantara seat, carbon heel guards and other elements in aluminium worked from the solid and a titanium Ducati Performance by Akrapovic exhaust that boosts the power to 226 CV. Marchesini forged magnesium racing wheels are optionally available.
- Engine: Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,103 cc
- Bore X stroke: 81 x 53.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 14.0:1
- Power: 166.3 kw (226 hp with racing kit)
- Torque: 124.0 Nm (91.5 lb-ft) @ 10,000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies. Variable length intake system
- Exhaust: 4-2-1-2 system, with 2 catalytic converters and 2 lambda probes
- Frame: Aluminum alloy "Front Frame"
- Front suspension: Öhlins NIX30 43 mm fully adjustable fork with TiN treatment. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 event-based mode
- Front wheel: 3-spokes forged magnesium alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 event-based mode. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: 5 spokes light alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 120 mm (4.7 in.) - 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Instrumentation: Last generation digital unit with 5" TFT colour display
- Standard: Euro 4
- Emission CO2: 165 g/km
- Note:: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Desmosedici Stradale 90 deg. V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 1,103 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 81 x 53.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies. Variable length intake system
- Front Suspension
- Öhlins NIX30 43 mm fully adjustable fork with TiN treatment. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 event-based mode
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment with Öhlins Smart EC 2.0 event-based mode. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
- Tri-Colour Livery