2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure
The BMW F 850 GS Adventure.
The world becomes the adventure.
The unknown is exactly what tantalises you to get up, get out and go. Far, far away! And not just on paved roads. With the BMW F 850 GS Adventure, you'll conquer new terrain, are ready for new adventures and are ready to ride - wherever you go. This "travel enduro" is made for real explorers. For people who think no destination is too far and no distance too remote. Experience the world with a companion that's so reliable, robust and powerful that it can even keep up with your curiosity. Introducing the new F 850 GS Adventure.
- 21-inch-front-wheel and cross-spoked rims: The 21-inch-front-wheel and the cross-spoked rims are made for offroading.
- Touring windscreen including adjuster: The adjustable touring windscreen allows for quick adaptation to different conditions. Less wind resistance and more weather protection mean more relaxed riding and increased comfort - especially on really long tours.
- Increased range thanks to 23 litre tank: Increased range for more adventure: thanks to the larger tank, you're well prepared for adventures that take you on long rides to the most remote places in the world.
- Comfort seat as a standard feature: The standard comfortable rider's seat ensures a fatigue-free ride. Ideal for those long hours in the saddle and just another example of extremely well-thought-out ergonomics.
- Engine guard and engine protection bars as standard features: With the standard engine guard made of plastic and the stainless steel engine guard, the bike is better protected against stone chips and scratches. Robust and suitable for world travel ex works.
- Extensive storage space concept: With the sturdy storage concept, your equipment is always well protected, even on rough terrain. The standard stainless steel luggage rack is the robust holder for the optional aluminium top case.
- LED headlight: The LED headlight in a modern design increases active safety.
- Powerful engine: Water-cooled, 2-cylinder, four-stroke engine with four cam-operated valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts and dry-sump lubrication. Nominal load capacity 70 kW (95 hp) at 8,250 rpm at a torque of 92 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
- Type: Water-cooled 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 84 mm x 77 mm
- Capacity: 853 cc
- Rated output: 70 kW (95 hp) at 8,250 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 Nm at 6,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.7 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: 197 km/h
- Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4: 4,1 l
- CO2 emission based on WMTC: 98 g/km
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, minimum octane number 95 (RON) OE unleaded regular fuel, minimum octane number 91 (RON)
- Alternator: Permanent magnetic alternator 416 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 10 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc wet clutch (anti hopping), mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated in crankcase
- Drive: Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Frame: Bridge-type steel frame in shell construction
- Front suspension / spring elements: Upside-down fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension / spring elements: Aluminium, stereo swing-arm, directly hinged WAD central strut, spring-based hydraulically adjustable, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Travel, front/rear: 230 mm / 215 mm (SA low-slung 210 mm / 195 mm)
- Wheelbase: 1.593 mm
- Castor: 124,6 mm
- Steering head angle: 62°
- Wheels: Cross-spoke wheels
- Rim dimensions, front: 2,15 x 21"
- Rim dimensions, rear: 4,25 x 17"
- Tire, front: 90/90 21
- Tire, rear: 150/70 R17
- Brake, front: Double disc brake, floating brake discs, Ø 305 mm, 2-piston floating calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, Ø 265 mm, single-piston floating calliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS (switchable)
- Seat height, unladen: 875 mm (SA low-slung: 815 mm, SA double seat low: 835 mm, SA double seat: 860 mm, SZ rally seat: 890 mm)
- Rider step length, unladen: 1,950 mm (SA lowering: 1,830 mm, SA double low seat: 1,870 mm, SA double seat 1,910mm, SZ rally seat: 1,980 mm)
- Usable tank capacity: 23 l
- of which reserve: Approx. 3.5 l
- Length: 2.300 mm
- Height (excluding mirrors): 1.437 mm
- Width (including mirrors): 939 mm
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready (1): 244 kg
- Max. permitted weight: 455 kg
- Max. load (with standard equipment): 211 kg
- BMW Motorrad ABS
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- Riding modes Rain / Road
- On-board computer Pro
- LED headlights
- Anti-hopping clutch
- Touring windscreen incl. adjuster
- 12 Volt socket
- Brake lever and clutch lever adjustable
- Adjustable footbrake and gearshift levers
- Plastic bash plate
- Hand protectors
- Comfort seat
- Enduro footrests
- Stainless steel luggage carrier for aluminium topcase
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line two-cylinder engine
- 853 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 84 mm x 77 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.7 : 1
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox integrated in crankcase
- Final Drive
- Endless O-ring chain with shock damping in rear wheel hub
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down fork, Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminium, stereo swing-arm, directly hinged WAD central strut, spring-based hydraulically adjustable, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Double disc brake, floating brake discs, Ø 305 mm, 2-piston floating calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, Ø 265 mm, single-piston floating calliper
- Front Tire
- 90/90 21
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 1.593 mm
- Seat Height
- 875 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 23 L