2019 BMW K 1600 GT
The BMW K 1600 GT.
Wanderlust on two wheels.
Being on the move, gaining impressions, experiencing a great deal, relaxed and yet dynamic riding pleasure: this is what the world looks like from the saddle of the new BMW K 1600 GT. Because it offers you even more superiority and dynamics with even more touring comfort: its 6-cylinder in-line engine is already considered an icon with its power delivery and running smoothness. Added to this are the absolute long-distance suitability with wind and weather protection and equipment which makes you want to mount the machine right away. And innovative highlights like the intelligent emergency call ECALL perfectly round off the overall package. As well-equipped as you are with the K 1600 GT, you not only see a great deal, you yourself are also a great sight to behold. Indeed, you leave quite an impression regardless of whether you are at a standstill or on the move.
- Striking Xenon headlights: So you can see and be seen better.
- Optional "Intelligent emergency call": For swift assistance during accidents and emergency situations. *This option is not available in Canada at this time.
- Innovative, easy to read cockpit: With two round instruments and a large 5.7 inch TFT display.
- Electrically adjustable windshield: Provides the highest level of wind protection and functionality.
- A great many visual details: Details like the redesigned badge holder set exclusive accents.
- Slipstream deflector: Can be folded outwards if required and ensure temperatures resembling those at the height of summer for a clearly noticeable airstream.
- Six-cylinder in-line engine: With 102.6 kg weight and 555 mm width, it is particularly light and compact.
- Watertight storage compartments: Can be opened and closed with the optionally available central locking system.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled, four-stroke in-line six-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Nominal load capacity: 160 hp (118 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 175 Nm at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Fuel/engine management: Electric fuel injection
- Emission control: Regulated three-way catalytic converter, compliant with EU4 emission standard
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Consumption per 100 km based on he WMTC: 5.7 l
- Fuel type: Unleaded 95 octane (RON)
- Alternator: 700 W
- Battery: 12 V/19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Wet multidisc clutch, hydraulically operated, anti-hopping
- Gears: Six-speed synchromesh gearbox
- Secondary drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Bridge-type aluminium frame with load-bearing engine
- Front suspension / spring elements: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear suspension / spring elements: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Spring travel, front/rear: 115 mm /135 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,618 mm
- Castor: 106.4 mm
- Steering head angle: 62.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium
- Rim dimensions, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim dimensions, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (partially integral)
- Length: 2,324 mm
- Width (including mirrors): 1,000 mm
- Height (excluding mirrors): 1,440 mm
- Seat height, unladen: 810/830 mm (High seat one-piece (accessory): 810 mm; Low seat one-piece (accessory): 750 mm)
- Rider step length, unladen: 1,830/1,870 mm (High seat one-piece (accessory): 1,830 mm; Low seat one-piece (accessory): 1,720 mm)
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready: 334 kg
- Dry weight: 306 kg
- Max. permitted weight: 540 kg
- Max. load (with standard equipment): 206 kg
- Usable tank capacity: 26.5 l
- of which reserve: 4.0 l
- DTC (Dynamic Traction Control)
- BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (partially integral)
- Cruise control
- Steplessly adjustable electric windscreen
- Adjustable brake and clutch levers
- Heated grips and seats
- Two-piece seat, height-adjustable rider seat
- Luggage carrier
- Integrated ignition and steering lock
- Lockable storage compartment and on-board literature
- Built-in side panniers, pannier lids in bike colour
- Centre stand
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke in-line six-cylinder engine
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electric fuel injection
- Six-speed synchromesh gearbox
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 1,618 mm
- Seat Height
- 810/830 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 26.5 L
- Dry Weight
- 306 kg