2019 BMW R 1250 GS Adventure
THE NEW BMW R 1250 GS ADVENTURE.
YOUR JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION.
The new BMW R 1250 GS Adventure is built for your challenges. Rough routes, adverse conditions and the most remote destinations are no problem for the king of travel enduros. With the increase in capacity to 1254 ccm and 100 kW (136 hp), you have even more power for wilderness, desert or country road. In addition to the increased performance, the engine also works more efficiently and gives you the endurance you need in order to reach the next stage finish. The variable camshaft control BMW ShiftCam is an entirely new technology - it offers you sovereignty in every engine speed range and gives the Boxer engine an unprecedented culture. No matter what adventure drives you, the BMW R 1250 GS Adventure is ready to go with you.
- 6.5" colour TFT with connectivity in series: Connect your smartphone to your bike via Bluetooth. The 6.5-inch TFT display shows you everything about your motorcycle and offers you in conjunction with the smartphone app additional features such as navigation, music and telephone.
- 30-litre fuel tank: 30 litres of fuel gives you the range you need for long distances. And best of all - with the energy efficiency of the Boxer engine, you can go even further with one tank of fuel.
- Big windscreen: No matter where it takes you. The large windscreen offers high comfort for the head, neck and shoulders as well as weather protection in every riding situation.
- Full LED headlights as standard: In both low beam and high beam, the illumination is wider, more homogeneous and further than with conventional headlights.
- Style HP: The Style HP includes front suspension extension, frame guard, gold cross-spoked wheels and the rallye seat - as well as BMW Motorsport colours.
- BMW ShiftCam: The ShiftCam lettering: a clear indication of the new boxer engine with variable camshaft control.
- Style Exclusive: Valuable materials and haptics characterize the Style Exclusive. The matt varnish Kalamata metallic matt is very elegant when combined with the dark frame. The black handlebars and golden calipers round off the overall impression.
- Seat variants: Six different seat versions, from the standard seat to the rally seat to the comfort seat: the seat heights range from 800 to 900 mm.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam
- Bore / stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Hubraum: 1.254 ccm
- Rated output: 100 kW (136 PS) at 7,750 U/min
- Max. torque: 143 Nm at 6,250 U/min
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC: 4.75 l
- CO2 emission based on WMTC: 110 g/km
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON), adaptive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator (510 watts nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 11.8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 210 mm / 220 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,504 mm
- Castor: 95.4 mm
- Steering head angle: 65.1°
- Wheels: Cross spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim, rear: 4,50 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tire, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), disengageable
- Seat height: 890 / 910 mm
- Inner leg curve: 1,950 / 1,990 mm
- Usable tank volume: 30 l
- Reserve: Ca. 4 l
- Length (over mud guard): 2,270 mm
- Height (over windshield): 1,460 mm
- Wide (over mirror): 980 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 268 kg
- Permitted total weight: 485 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 217 kg
- TFT rider information display with connectivity
- ABS Brakes
- Full LED headlight
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- 2 Ride Modes (Rain, Road)
- HSC (Hill Start Control)
- On Board Computer Pro
- Heated Grips
- Centre Stand
- Hand Protectors
- Power Socket
- Cross Spoked Wheels
- Engine Protection Bars
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 1,504 mm
- Seat Height
- 890 / 910 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 30 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 268 kg