2019 BMW RNINET SCRAMBLER
The BMW R nine T Scrambler.
HONEST. UNTAMED. AIR COOLED.
Break away and accelerate toward freedom, experience new things and enjoy the rush of wind - with the BMW R nineT Scrambler. A rugged bike with that authentic scrambler look, combined with the innovative technology and familiar quality of BMW Motorrad.
Whether in the city, on winding country roads or on the beach, the potent opposed-twin engine and high-positioned dual silencers deliver powerful acceleration and an unmistakable sound. Even long trips with two people are a breeze thanks to the relaxed seating position and in just a few steps you can give your R nineT Scrambler your own personal touch.
- Attention to detail: A high-quality classic detail - the round headlights with BMW emblem.
- Telescopic fork with bellows: Particularly typical for a Scrambler.
- Compact steel tank: Underlines the puristic look of the bike.
- Speed indicator with analogue display: An elegant eye-catcher in its simplicity.
- Roughly toothed foot rests: Highlight the rustic, masculine character and ensure firm, secure grip.
- Seat in patented leather style: High-quality in visual and material quality.
- Modern LED rear light: Represents an exciting contrast to the classical round headlamps.
- Elevated exhaust system: Looks really good and supplies a full sound.
- Design: Air/oil-cooled, four-stroke twin-cylinder boxer engine, four radial valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, central balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Nominal load capacity: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel/engine management: Electronic indirect injection
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Consumption w.r.t WMTC for 100km: 5.3 l
- Fuel type: Unleaded petrol, 95-98 octane (RON) (nominal load capacity with 98 octane (RON))
- Alternator: 720-W three-phase generator
- Battery: 12 V/14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Hydraulically operated single-disc dry clutch
- Gears: Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
- Secondary drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame made up of front and two-section rear subframes, load-bearing engine/gearbox, pillion frame can be removed for solo riding
- Front suspension / spring elements: Telescopic fork with 43-millimetre stanchion diameter
- Rear suspension / spring elements: Cast aluminium single-sided swing-arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load steplessly adjustable via handwheel
- Spring travel, front/rear: 125 mm / 140 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,522 mm
- Castor: 116.1 mm
- Steering head angle: 61°
- Wheels: Spoke cast wheels
- Rim dimensions, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim dimensions, rear: 4.50 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 R 19
- Tire, rear: 170/60 R 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 2,175 mm
- Width (including mirrors): 880 mm
- Height (excluding mirrors): 1,330 mm
- Seat height, unladen: 820 mm (High seat (OE): 850 mm; Low seat height (OE): 790 mm)
- Rider step length, unladen: 1,830 mm (High seat (OE): 1,890 mm; Low seat height (OE): 1,775 mm)
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready: 220 kg
- Max. permitted weight: 430 kg
- Max. load (with standard equipment): 210 kg
- Usable tank capacity: 17 l
- of which reserve: Approx. 3.5 l
- BMW Motorrad ABS brakes
- Speed indicator with digital display: Digital clock, odometer, dual trip distance counters and automatic distance counter; service date and remaining distance until next service is required; kilometres covered shown on the fuel reserve indicator; error indicator light/engine management, engine warning lamp (MIL)
- Cast aluminium wheels with road tires, black semi-gloss rims (tires: front 120/70 R19, rear 170/60 R17)
- Fuel tank sheet steel painted in vehicle colour
- Exhaust gas system made of stainless steel with acoustic flap and Akrapovic? rear silencer
- Widened foot pegs
- Side stands with cut-out switch
- Pillion frame can be removed for solo riding
- White indicator glass and LED rear light
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke twin-cylinder boxer engine
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic indirect injection
- Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork with 43-millimetre stanchion diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing-arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load steplessly adjustable via handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R 17
- 1,522 mm
- Seat Height
- 820 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 220 kg