2019 BMW RNINET URBAN
The BMW R nineT Urban G/S.
Eye-catching. Powerful. Air-cooled.
Enjoy the confident feel of a boxer with an upright relaxed riding position, coupled with innovative technology. Choose from countless customizing options for your own unique ideas. The R nineT Urban G/S makes a clear statement: It pays tribute to the early days of BMW Motorrad's G/S success story. Just one look and it's clear that the R nineT Urban G/S captures the off-road spirit of that era. At the same time, its riding characteristics make it a true member of today's nineT family. It reflects the way of life of that time. People knew where they wanted to go, and they knew exactly how they would get there. Same as today.
- Distinctive front: Headlamp mask, round headlights with windscreen: a front reminiscent of vintage G/S bikes.
- A perfect colour scheme: White tank, blue accents and the red seat: classic BMW M.
- Front mudguard: Dirt doesn't stand a chance: the raised mudguard keeps things rolling. Nothing gets clogged with mud and dirt.
- Large 19-inch front wheel: The 19-inch front wheel with optional all-terrain tires brings up memories of rides on almost impassable terrain.
- Enduro foot pegs: For better hold and better vehicle control for offroad use and driving while standing.
- White indicators: Elegant and modern:
- Red seat: The inspiration is clear: just like the R 80 G/S, the R nineT Urban G/S also has the distinctive long red seat.
- Bolted-on heat shield: A classic enduro touch: heat shield on the brushed stainless steel rear silencer.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled, four-stroke twin-cylinder boxer engine, four radial valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, central balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Nominal load capacity: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel/engine management: Electronic intake pipe fuel injection, electronic engine management with overrun cut-off, twin-spark ignition
- Emission control: Regulated three-way catalytic converter, compliant with EU4 emission standard
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Consumption per 100 km based on the WMTC: 5.3 l
- Fuel type: Unleaded petrol, 95-98 octane (RON) (nominal load capacity with 98 octane (RON))
- Alternator: 720-W three-phase generator
- Battery: 12 V/14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Hydraulically operated single-disc dry clutch
- Gears: Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
- Secondary drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame made up of front and two-section rear subframes, load-bearing engine/gearbox, pillion frame can be removed for solo riding
- Front suspension / spring elements: Telescopic fork with 43-millimetre stanchion diameter
- Rear suspension / spring elements: Cast aluminium single swing-arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload via hook wrench can be adjusted infinitely, rebound stage damping adjustable
- Spring travel, front/rear: 125 mm / 140 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,527 mm
- Castor: 110.6 mm
- Steering head angle: 61.5 °
- Wheels: Spoke cast wheels
- Rim dimensions, front: 3.00 x 19"
- Rim dimensions, rear: 4.50 x 17"
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 19
- Tire, rear: 170/60 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Seat height, unladen: 850 mm (Low seat (OE): 820mm)
- Rider step length, unladen: 1,890 mm (Low seat (OE): 1,830 mm)
- Usable tank capacity: 17 l
- of which reserve: Approx. 3.5 l
- Length: 2,175 mm
- Height (including mirrors): 1,105 mm
- Width (including mirrors): 870 mm
- Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready: 221 kg
- Max. permitted weight: 430 kg
- Max. load (with standard equipment): 209 kg
- Steel fuel tank, 17 l
- One-piece seat (seat height: 850 mm)
- Pillion passenger foot pegs with pillion frame can be removed
- One key system for ignition, tank and steering
- Side stands with cut-out switch
- Brake lever and clutch lever adjustable - multiple settings
- On-board literature and tools
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke twin-cylinder boxer engine
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe fuel injection, electronic engine management with overrun cut-off, twin-spark ignition
- Six-speed helical synchromesh gearbox
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork with 43-millimetre stanchion diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single swing-arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload via hook wrench can be adjusted infinitely, rebound stage damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 ZR 17
- 1,527 mm
- Seat Height
- 850 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 221 kg