2019 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled
Making its way out of the roughest roads of California and New Mexico, the new Scrambler Desert Sled is designed for those who love the unconventional streets and the less traveled paths.
This essential and yet grand version of Scrambler offers a unique mix of off-road spirit and lifestyle values.
- Premium LED Lighting: Headlight with glass lens and DRL. LED turn indicators.
- New Red Frame: Reinforced for offroad use.
- Offroad setting: Front light with homologated grid. High front mudguard. Extended rear fender. High plate holder. Variable cross-section handlebar. Adjustable Kayaba Suspensions with 46mm fork and 200mm excursion.
- Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY ST Tyres: Front 120/70 R 19 M/C 60V M+S TL and rear 170/60 R 17 M/C 72V M+S TL tyres, for the right balance between off-road and enduro street performance.
- Brand New Seat: 860mm, with dedicated riding position.
- Improved Riding Experience: Ducati Multimedia System ready. New selected gear indicator and fuel level. New handlebar switch controls. Hydraulic clutch control with adjustable lever.
- Improved Security: Dual-channel Bosch Cornering ABS.
- Type: L-Twin, Desmodromic distribution, 2 valves per cylinder, air cooled
- Displacement: 803 cc
- Bore x stroke: 88 x 66 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Power: 73 hp (54 kW) 8250 rpm/min
- Torque: 49 lb-ft (67 Nm) @ 5750 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection, 50 mm throttle body
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, aluminium tail pipes
- Standard: Euro 4
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Ratio: 1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1,85:1
- Final drive: Chain, front spocket 15, rear sprocket 46
- Clutch: Hydraulically controlled slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: 46mm fully adjustable usd forks
- Front wheel travel: 200 mm (7.9 in.)
- Front wheel: Spoked aluminum wheel 3.00 in. x 19 in.
- Front tyre: Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY STR 120/70 R19
- Rear suspension: Kayaba rear shock, pre-load and rebound adjustable. Aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel travel: 200 mm (5.9 in.)
- Rear wheel: Spoked aluminum wheel 4.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY STR 170/60 R17
- Front brake: Ø330 mm disc, radial 4-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: Ø245 mm disc, 1-piston floating calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Dashboard: LCD
- Wheelbase: 1,505 mm (59.3 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg.
- Trail: 112 mm (4.4 in.)
- Total steering lock: 35 deg.
- Fuel tank capacity: 13.5 L - 3.57 gal. (US)
- Dry weight: 193 kg (425.5 lb.)
- Wet weight: 209 kg (460.8 lb.)
- Seat height: 860 mm (33.9 in.) - low seat 840 mm (33.0 in.) available as accessory
- Max height: 1,213 mm (47.8 in.) (brake reservoir)
- Max width: 940 mm (37.0 in.) (mirrors)
- Max length: 2,200 mm (86.6 in.)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard equipment: Steel tank with interchangeable aluminium side panels, headlight with DRL by LED light-guide and interchangeable aluminium cover, LED rear light with diffusion-light, LED turn indicator, LCD instruments with gear and fuel level indications and interchangeable aluminium cover, under-seat storage compartment with USB socket, ABS cornering, machine-finished aluminium belt covers, black engine with brushed fins.
- DESERT SLED equipment: Aluminium handlebar with cross-strut, front stem protectors, seat with specific design, high front mudguard, long rear mudguard and high plate support
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 12,000 km (7.500 m) / 12 months
- Valve clearance check: 12,000 km (7.500 m)
- Emissions and Consumption CO2: 5.1 l/100 km - CO2 119 g/km
- Engine Type
- L-Twin, Desmodromic distribution, 2 valves per cylinder
- 803 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 66 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection, 50 mm throttle body
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain, front spocket 15, rear sprocket 46
- Front Suspension
- 46mm fully adjustable usd forks
- Rear Suspension
- Kayaba rear shock, pre-load and rebound adjustable. Aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- Ø330 mm disc, radial 4-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- Ø245 mm disc, 1-piston floating calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY STR 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli SCORPION™ RALLY STR 170/60 R17
- 59.3 in. (1,505 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.9 in. (860 mm)
- 24 deg.
- 4.4 in. (112 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.57 US gal. (13.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 425.5 lb. (193 kg)
- White Mirage
- 24 months unlimited mileage