2020 Ducati Panigale V4 R
Pure racing adrenaline
The new Panigale V4 R embodies the maximum expression of Ducati values: style, sophistication, performance.
It is the maximum expression of Ducati’s racing DNA, more similar to a racing prototype than any other bike: a forward-looking model that accompanies the rider towards a dimension of advanced riding, made up of curves and straights that run incredibly fast, thanks to the electronics that, like an invisible, magical safety net, allows going beyond the limits.
It is designed to ensure a symphony of emotions, thanks to the new concept of performance: not only acceleration, braking ability and best lap time, but also safety and ease of riding, whatever the level of experience.
In short, pure racing adrenaline under control.
- Ready to get on track: The new Panigale V4 R is a race bike approved for road use and is the technical starting point from which the official Ducati Superbike models derive from and will compete in the 2019 racing season.
- Top performance: The Desmosedici Stradale R is a more responsive engine that allows reaching the red area of the rev counter at 16,000 rpm (16,500 rpm in sixth gear) to ensure a greater sprint. This results in 221 HP (162 kW) that react immediately to the throttle inputs, delivered at 15,250 rpm (values referring to EU type-approval), 2,250 extra rpm with respect to the V4 of 1,103 cu. cm. Impressive figures for a 998 cu. cm engine, that becomes even more amazing by fitting the full-racing exhaust Ducati Performance by Akrapovic, bringing the maximum power to 234 HP (174 kW) at 15,500 rpm.
- Racing aerodynamics: The aerodynamic package of the new Panigale V4 R includes: protective windscreen, headlight fairing, and side fairings to reduce aerodynamic resistance, air extractors to reduce operating temperatures in heavy-duty racing use, and the GP16-derived carbon fiber aerodynamic appendices that increase stability in all riding phases, reduce the intervention of electronic controls and increase rider confidence, who tends to keep the throttle open for a longer time and brake late into the curve.
- Design for performance: The Front Frame of the new Panigale V4R, developed in collaboration with the engineers of Ducati Corse, is optimized for racing use with fully mechanical Öhlins steering damper and suspensions, including the new pressurized front fork and the swinging arm with a four-way adjustable pin.
- Cutting-edge technology: The new Panigale V4 R is equipped with the latest generation electronic package, that manages all riding phases, based on the use of the 6-axis inertial platform by Bosch (6D IMU – Inertial Measurement Unit). The Pit Limiter makes its debut on the bike, limiting its speed when riding in the pit lane.
- Standard equipment: Ducati Safety Pack: Bosch Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, Ducati Slide Control (DSC), Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO. Also includes Riding Mode, Power Modes and Auto tyre calibration
- Engine: Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 998 cc
- Bore X stroke: 81 x 48.4 mm
- Compression ratio: 14.0:1
- Power: 162 kW (221 hp) @ 15,250 rpm
- Torque: 112 Nm (83 lb-ft) @ 11,500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves. Variable length intake system
- Exhaust: 4-2-1-2 system, with 2 catalytic converters and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.80:1
- Ratio: 1=38/14 2=36/17 3=33/19 4=32/21 5=30/22 6=30/24
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 42
- Clutch: Hydraulically controlled slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch
- Frame: Aluminum alloy "Front Frame" with optimized stiffnesses
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment.
- Front wheel: 3-spokes forged aluminum alloy 3.50" x 17"
- Front tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm. Adjustable pivot position +/- 3 mm
- Rear Wheel: 3-spokes forged aluminum alloy 6.00" x 17"
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 120 mm (4.7 in.) - 130 mm (5.1 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Instrumentation: Last generation digital unit with 5" TFT colour display
- Dry weight: 172 kg (379 lb.)
- Kerb weight: 193 kg (425 lb.)
- Seat height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1.471mm (57,9 in.)
- Rake: 24,5 deg.
- Front wheel trail: 100 mm (3,94 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 L - 4.23 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Single seat
- Safety equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Bosch Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, Ducati Slide Control (DSC), Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO, Auto tyre calibration
- Standard equipment: Ducati Power Launch (DPL), Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO, Full LED lighting with Daytime Running Light (DRL), GPS module, Lap Timer EVO, PIT limiter, Ohlins steering damper, Quick adjustment buttons, Lithium-ion battery, Auto-off indicators, Marchesini aluminium forged wheels, Carbon fiber front mudguard, High-flow air filter
- Additional equipment: Machined mirror block-off plates, License plate mount removal plug, Ducati Data Analyser+ (DDA+)
- Ready for: Ducati Multimedia System (DMS) and anti-theft
- Warranty (months): 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance (km/months): 12,000 km (7,500 mi) / 12 months
- Valve clearance adjustment (km): 24,000 km (15,000 mi)
- Standard: Euro 4
- Engine Type
- Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 998 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 81 x 48.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves. Variable length intake system
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 42
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment.
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm. Adjustable pivot position +/- 3 mm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
- 57.9 in. (1,471mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- 24.5 deg.
- 3.94 in. (100 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.23 US gal. (16 L)
- Dry Weight
- 425 lb. (193 kg)
- R Livery
- 24 months unlimited mileage