2019 BMW R 1250 R
The new BMW R 1250 R.
As versatile and expressive as never before.
The new R 1250 R is designed for a more dynamic appearance. This is mainly due to the all-new Boxer engine - with a maximum torque of 143 Nm, the reworked engine delivers more power than ever before. Here, the variable camshaft control BMW ShiftCam is the innovative technology that offers you the optimum performance in every engine speed range. During relaxed cruising or a sporty tour, you experience the pure thrill of riding and the typical punch of the Boxer engine at all times.
- ShiftCam model inscription: Shows what's inside: the new boxer engine with variable camshaft control ensures increased performance, smooth running and efficiency.
- High-resolution TFT colour display: Connect your smartphone to your bike via Bluetooth. The 6.5-inch TFT display shows you everything about your motorcycle and offers you in conjunction with the smartphone app additional features such as navigation, music and telephone.
- Stainless steel: Set beautiful and high-quality accents with the radiator cover and the tank cover made of stainless steel. You get both with the Exclusive and HP styles. The engine spoiler made of stainless steel adds value to this - it is available as an optional accessory.
- Style Exclusive: In Style Exclusive, the motorcycle presents itself with the expressive Pollux metallic matt paintwork. There are also valuable materials and surfaces. Golden brake calipers and high-quality hardware components complete the stylish look.
- ECALL - the intelligent emergency call as an optional accessory: The optionally available intelligent emergency call automatically contacts the BMW call centre in the event of an accident in order to activate the rescue chain as quickly as possible. *Note: This option is not available in Canada at this time.
- Riding mode Pro: The Riding mode Pro now also includes Hill Start Control Pro with automatic brake activation on inclines and Dynamic Brake Assistant DBC.
- Style HP: With Style HP in the typical BMW Motorsport colours, you make a statement for performance with your R 1250 R.
- Core Screen Sport: The Core Screen Sport shows you a rev counter and gives you information about the lean angle in a prominent position. This feature is only available in the Style HP.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam.
- Bore / stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Capacity: 1,254 ccm
- Rated output: 136 hp at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 :1
- Mixture control: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC: 4.75 l/100km
- CO2 emission based on WMTC: 110 g/km
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON) adapive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 508 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel- related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 140 mm / 140 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,515 mm
- Castor: 125.6 mm
- Steering head angle: 62.3°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50'' x 17''
- Rim, rear: 5.50'' x 17''
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), disengageable
- Seat height: 820 mm (OE low seat: 760 mm; OE sport seat: 840 mm)
- Inner leg curve: 1,840 mm (OE low seat: 1,720 mm; OE sport seat: 1.875 mm)
- Usable tank volume: Approx. 18 l
- Reserve: Approx. 4 l
- Length (over mud guard): 2,165 mm
- Height (over windshield): 1,300 mm
- Wide (over mirror): 880 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 239 kg
- Permitted total weight: 460 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 221 kg
- ABS Brakes
- ASC (Automatic stability control)
- 2 riding modes (Rain, Road)
- TFT-Display with connectivity
- HSC (Hill start control)
- On Board Computer
- Heated Grips
- Power Socket
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine
- 1,254 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 :1
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel- related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 1,515 mm
- Seat Height
- 820 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- Approx. 18 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 239 kg