2019 BMW R 1250 RS
THE NEW BMW R 1250 RS.
SPORTY TOURING IN THE FAST LANE.
Each tour is determined by two factors: the time and the distance. With the new BMW R 1250 RS you can get more track out of every tour. The rich 143 Nm torque and 100 kW (136 hp) of the new boxer engine accelerate you even faster to your cruising speed. The innovative BMW ShiftCam technology offers you more torque and impressive elasticity over the entire speed range. So you can rocket to an impressive sprint on the asphalt in every riding situation. The redesigned front gives the full-LED headlight a fresh, sporty look and turns aerodynamically into the wind. This way, you can ride fast and comfortably at any time. One thing is certain - no matter how much road you leave behind in a certain time: with the R 1250 RS your riding pleasure grows with every metre you ride.
- Style Sport: The Style Sport is a statement about performance with the expressive colour Austin yellow metallic matt.
- BMW ShiftCam: The new boxer engine with variable camshaft control gives you the plus when it comes to power and more pulling power in every rpm range.
- Style Exclusive: Show off your elegant sportiness with the Exclusive Style.
- Dynamic ESA of the latest generation: Dynamic ESA ensures more stable and therefore even safer ride characteristics. The system automatically regulates the damping and spring preload of the struts depending on riding conditions and load and offers the highest level of comfort and traction on all surfaces, even in inclined position. The upside-down fork in gold is also part of the Dynamic ESA package.
- Extension of the riding modes: The riding mode Pro now also includes HSC Pro with automatic brake activation and Dynamic Brake Assistant (DBC).
- Connectivity: Connect your smartphone to your bike via Bluetooth. The 6.5-inch TFT display shows you everything about your motorcycle and offers you in conjunction with the smartphone app additional features such as navigation, music and telephone.
- Intelligent emergency call (ECALL): The optionally available intelligent emergency call automatically contacts the BMW call centre in the event of an accident in order to activate the rescue chain as quickly as possible. *Note: This option is not available in Canada at this time.
- HP sports silencer: The HP sport silencer convinces with its robust sound and makes your R 1250 RS even sportier.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam
- Bore / stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Capacity: 1,254 ccm
- Rated output: 136 hp at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 :1
- Mixture control: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 200 km/h
- Fuel consumption per 100 km based on WMTC: 4.75 l/100km
- CO2 emission based on WMTC: 110 g/km
- Fuel type: Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON) adapive fuel quality regulation (91 to 98 RON)
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 508 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel- related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 140 mm / 140 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,530 mm
- Castor: 110.9 mm
- Steering head angle: 62.3°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50'' x 17''
- Rim, rear: 5.50'' x 17''
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), disengageable
- Seat height: 820 mm (OE low seat: 760 mm; OE sport seat: 840 mm)
- Inner leg curve: 1,840 mm (OE low seat: 1,720 mm; OE sport seat: 1.875 mm)
- Usable tank volume: Approx. 18 l
- Reserve: Approx. 4 l
- Length (over mud guard): 2,202 mm
- Height (over windshield): Min. 1,255 mm; max. 1,340 mm
- Wide (over mirror): 925 mm
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled9: 243 kg
- Permitted total weight: 460 kg
- Payload (with standard equipment): 217 kg
- ABS Brakes
- Full-LED Headlight
- ASC (Automatic stability control)
- 2 Riding Modes (Rain, Road)
- TFT- Display with connectivity
- HSC (Hill start control)
- On Board Computer
- Heated Grips
- Power Socket
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine
- 1,254 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 :1
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel- related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 1,530 mm
- Seat Height
- 820 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- Approx. 18 L