2018 BMW S 1000 RR
Granite Grey Metallic/Black Storm Metallic
An icon among superbikes.
The BMW S 1000 RR led to a revolution in the supersport motorcycle category right from the outset. Thereafter, the bike continued to be developed, its tried and tested concept being honed even further and the latest technology added. Because of its impressive power curve and performance, one constant factor remains: it is still a trailblazer today. The S 1000 RR now comes with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard for even greater riding dynamics and road safety. It is a thoroughbred among sport bikes – whether on the road or on the racing circuit, and its innovative technology allows you to experience its performance with greater intensity and immediacy than ever.
The look of a winner. Or a high-performer. Or a fighter.
The RR is the epitome of a superbike. With its distinctive design features like the split face and asymmetrical front headlamps, it is instantly recognizable. The razor-sharp flyline gives it a look of extreme clarity, its contours and shapes complementing each other superbly. It radiates a love of straights and bends from the front to the rear and its hunger for high-level performance is plain to see. The RR shares a desire for pure acceleration and speed with you. This model comes in three colors: Granite Grey Metallic with Black Storm Metallic, capturing the dark chasms of the big city to create a breathtaking appearance. Racing Red with Light White, with its red wheel lining, emphasizes the bike's dynamic performance. The color variants Light White with Lupin Blue Metallic and Racing Red, also with red wheel -trim lines, are a visual indicator of its belonging to the racing sport genre and its place in the BMW motorsport family.
Winning statistics. Powerful performance.
The S 1000 RR’s liquid-cooled four-cylinder in-line engine is capable of 199 hp (146 kW) at 13,500 r.p.m. and a maximum torque of 83 lb-ft at 10,500 r.p.m. Yet even with this level of performance, the standard Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) ensures significantly greater safety. Three standard riding modes ("Rain", "Sport" and "Race") ensure optimal coordination of the electronic throttle, ABS, and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) under various riding conditions. Standard DTC and ABS ensure even greater safety and the electronic throttle enables the bike's immense power to be dispersed more directly and with more control. With its exceptionally high resolution, the instrument panel provides a clear display of the selected settings along with road speed and engine speed. As a result you have an optimal overview of the RR's performance and of your settings at all times.
Performance and perfection right down to the finest detail.
The RR is even more refined with the optional accessory Ride Modes Pro, with its two individual modes – "Slick" and "User Mode" as well as cornering-optimized ABS Pro with lean-angle sensor. This model also offers a range of convenience options: Shift Assist Pro enables you to shift gears up or down without having to actuate the clutch. Launch Control and Pit Lane Limiter are also taken straight from the track. The S 1000 RR remains a top class sport superbike on the road and on the track alike.
- Type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 199 hp (146 kW) at 13,500 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (113 Nm) at 10,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system and knock sensor
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, EU-4 norm with electronically controlled interference pipe
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 35 MPG (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: 406 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-plate wet slipper clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Chain 2.647:1
- Frame: Aluminum bridge-type frame with load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (96.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 66.5°
- Wheels: Aluminum cast wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 80.8 in. (2,050 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 32.5 in. (826 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 44.9 in. (1,140 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.1 in. (815 mm) Standard; comfort seat 33.5 in. (850 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 in. (1,805 mm) Standard; comfort seat 73.4 in. (1,865 mm) (available as accessories, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled 1): 459 lb. (208 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 895 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 439 lb. (199 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system and knock sensor
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable, adjustable preload
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, compression and rebound damping adjustable, adjustable preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.6 in. (1,438 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in. (815 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 459 lb. (208 kg)
- Granite Grey Metallic/Black Storm Metallic, Light White/Lupin Blue Metallic/Racing Red, Racing Red/Light White